JenniferLane

The Space Between
Victoria H. Smith
Chasing Hope
Kathryn Cushman
The Summer Garden - Paullina Simons AMAZING Series!

*Sigh* Alexander Barrington is my favorite book boyfriend. He's tall, dark, and brooding, with an intense love for his Russian bride Tatiana. He's just so real, with all of his flaws (chain smoking, jealousy, and difficulty learning from the past). This book--the third installment in [b:The Bronze Horseman|83144|The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)|Paullina Simons|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1327921996s/83144.jpg|12615171] series--shows Alexander at his worst, but I still love him.

After Tatiana moved mountains in [b:Tatiana and Alexander|83143|Tatiana and Alexander (The Bronze Horseman, #2)|Paullina Simons|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1171036640s/83143.jpg|594714] (book two in the series), she and Alexander are finally ready to start a life together. No more Dasha, no more Dmitri, no more war...

Sadly, the war isn't behind them. Alexander is a shell of a man after years of serving in a penal battalion and enduring beastly treatment in prisons, and he takes out his traumatic stress on his young wife and son. But if anyone can heal a man, Nurse Tania is the one.

There's a part of this story that's horrifying, testing the foundation of their marriage. I wanted to slap Alexander for his stupidity. But Tatiana has her own penchant for stubbornness that doesn't smooth out the conflict either.

This was a series re-read so I skipped the scenes of a young Tatiana at Lazarevo. I don't believe they add much to the story. I also found the family gathering at the end of the story rather cheesy. I love Paullina Simons's writing when she focuses on her hero and heroine. But the family interactions at the beginning and end of the series seem corny to me.

If you're looking for a gripping, emotional read, then check out this series! It stays with you for some time.