JenniferLane

Victoria H. Smith
Chasing Hope
Kathryn Cushman
Tatiana and Alexander - Paullina Simons Heartbreaking

Because I read this series before I joined Goodreads, I didn't write reviews for each book. But Paullina Simons is solely responsible for turning me on to romance novels with her amazing hero Alexander (Belov) Barrington, so I had to rectify that omission. I'm rereading this series because I can't get him out of my head.

In [b:The Bronze Horseman|83144|The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)|Paullina Simons|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1327921996s/83144.jpg|12615171], Leningrad girl Tatiana meets Russian soldier Alexander at the start of WWII. Tatiana discovers an astonishing secret about Alexander, and they forge a deep bond. But they have to hide their love for each other due to Tatiana's sister. (The war raging around them doesn't make it any easier, either). At the end of the book, we know what has happened to Tatiana but the results of Alexander's sacrifice aren't evident...

Until [b:Tatiana and Alexander|83143|Tatiana and Alexander (The Bronze Horseman, #2)|Paullina Simons|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1171036640s/83143.jpg|594714]. Oh! What Alexander endures! It makes me cry just thinking about it. If ever a man needs faith in God to survive what he does, it's Alexander. And Tatiana is his foundation of faith. Though they are apart for most of this book, their love is so deep.

I'm so devastated upon finishing this book that I may have to wait a bit to start rereading book #3: [b:The Summer Garden|608216|The Summer Garden (The Bronze Horseman, #3)|Paullina Simons|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1347739287s/608216.jpg|2098474]. And I know that Ms. Simons doesn't sugarcoat life after war for these two.

If you love emotional reads, I definitely encourage you to grab the reins of The Bronze Horseman. You won't forget the stalwart hero Alexander or his feisty bride Tatiana.