JenniferLane

The Space Between
Victoria H. Smith
Chasing Hope
Kathryn Cushman
On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1) - Samantha Young This Time the Woman Has Commitment Issues

This story engrossed me until the last few chapters, when I thought Jocelyn's commitment issues dragged on a bit too long.

Jocelyn "Joss" Butler is an American living in Scotland, a recent college graduate, who seeks an apartment after her best friend and roommate moves out of town. On her way to view a posh place on Dublin Street, Joss shares a cab with a hot business man she nicknames "The Suit".

Their meeting is fantastic. I was drooling over The Suit just as much as Joss was:

Perhaps in his late twenties or early thirties, the Suit wasn't classically handsome, but there was a twinkle in his eyes and a curl to the corner of his sensual mouth that, together with the rest of the package, oozed sex appeal. I could tell from the lines of the extremely well-tailored expensive silver-gray suit that he wore, that he worked out. He sat with the ease of a fit guy, his stomach iron flat under the waistcoat and white shirt. His pale-blue eyes seemed bemused beneath their long lashes.

A strong, masculine face stared into mine--sharp jawline, a cleft chin, wide cheekbones, and a Roman nose. Dark stubble shadowed his cheeks, and his dark hair was kind of messy. Altogether, his rugged unkemptness seemed at odds with the stylish designer suit.

*fans self* He's surprised Joss doesn't ask him for his number (arrogant arse), and she dishes it right back to him. Love their banter!

All too soon the cab ride is over and Joss meets her new roommate--a friendly woman named Ellie--in the Dublin Street flat. Ellie explains that her brother built the gorgeous flat and gave it to her. When Ellie leaves for a grad school class, Joss christens her new home with a luxurious bubble bath. But whoops, she forgot to bring a towel into the bathroom. When she emerges naked into the hallway, who is there catching a glimpse?

The Suit! Oh, shit. Turns out The Suit is Ellie's older brother Braden.

Despite Braden having a bitchy girlfriend, he has his eyes on Joss. But Joss wants nothing to do with him. Or so she wants to believe.

All I could think about was Braden shirtless, with me wrapped around him like a tortilla.

Joss has a horribly sad past. Her entire family died in a car accident, and her best friend from high school died too. Poor lass has panic attacks whenever she thinks about her family. Like any trauma survivor, she's hesitant to disclose her losses, and avoids getting close to others at any cost.

Too bad she and Braden have such an intense attraction to each other.

"Braden, I don't want anything to happen between us."
He raised an eyebrow, clearly unconvinced. "Tell that to your damp knickers, babe."
I narrowed my eyes at him. "You are such a dick."
He grinned and leaned down to brush a soft kiss across my lips. "I'll see you tomorrow."

One reason I enjoyed this book is that Joss attends therapy, and the therapy scenes seem realistic to me. I like Dr. Pritchard, and I cheered when the psychologist told Joss:

"What I'm trying to say, Joss, is perhaps you should stop being a martyr. Perhaps what is best for Braden is having you in his life."

Amen! Too bad Joss takes such a long time to realize this. But change is hard.

Overall a funny, sexy, sweet story!