JenniferLane

Victoria H. Smith
Chasing Hope
Kathryn Cushman
Take Two - Whitney G., Whitney Gracia Williams Jilted But Joyful

Next time you watch a romantic comedy where the groom leaves his fiancee at the altar, remember that not everyone in that movie gets the happy ending.

Thank you to Mitsy for recommending this book to me. Take Two is a fun contemporary romance featuring Melody Carter, NYC movie critic. Melody stands at the altar for her lavish wedding to Sean when another woman shows up and snatches her groom away from her. Turns out Sean is in love with this other woman, and he leaves Melody feeling like a jilted character from the romantic comedy movies she critiques. Only this time she's not laughing!

Meanwhile, hot actor Matt Sterling (I love his name) is sick of starring in romantic comedies that fail to showcase his acting ability. All the directors seem to care about is showcasing his muscular torso and abs. His feelings toward big-time actress Selena Ross have changed from affection to annoyance, yet Selena won't give up their relationship due to its smashing popularity.

When Matt meets Melody--the critic who typically bashes his films--he's instantly attracted to her. Though Melody also feels the attraction, she blocks his every advance, still nursing her wounds from being left at the altar. Naturally, Matt keeps pursuing her. This storyline made me think of the book [b:Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl - A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship|46191|Why Men Love Bitches From Doormat to Dreamgirl - A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship|Sherry Argov|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1348705878s/46191.jpg|2572759] LOL. I haven't read it yet but the premise urges women to let men pursue them and not vice versa. I guess we always want what we can't have!

I enjoyed the characterization of Melody, Matt, Selena, and Melody's sister Jen. It was great that Melody made a "F-- Sean" playlist. I also like the gift Matt gives her toward the end of the book.

There are some editing issues with this story, but ultimately it's a lighthearted romance where maybe everyone does get a happy ending.

Go enter the giveaway running from 4/1/13-4/18/13!