JenniferLane

The Space Between
Victoria H. Smith
Chasing Hope
Kathryn Cushman
Concessions - Robin DeJarnett Concessions is a short story by Robin DeJarnett. Her romantic suspense novel Whirlwind was fantastic and I couldn’t wait to read her foray into paranormal romance.

The story features Lindsey, a bored young adult concessions worker at a movie theater in Las Vegas. The typical customers for matinees are local Goths who dress head-to-toe in black despite the intense heat of the city. One such Goth is Clyde, who takes Lindsey back to the control room and begins kissing her. His kisses make her remember that he’s really Devon, sexy vampire, gradually turning her into a vampire as well. His gentle bite mixes their blood and erases her memory until their next rendezvous.

I love the idea of Goths as hidden vampires, and once again Robin weaves an interesting story around family relationships, creepy bad guys, and sweet romance.