JenniferLane

The Space Between
Victoria H. Smith
Chasing Hope
Kathryn Cushman
Hard Evidence - Pamela Clare Book two in Pamela Clare's I-Team romantic suspense series is full of fun and sex. Maybe a little too much sex for my tastes, but I still loved it.

Hard Evidence (insert Beavis and Butthead's snicker, "Uh, she said hard") features investigative reporter Tessa and FBI rogue agent Julian teaming up to go after a Russian mobster. Tessa's addiction to quadruple-shot espresso drinks is quite endearing, and Julian's gruff exterior fools nobody.

It's great when Julian arrests Tessa.

"And be sure to book her on one count of falsifying information on a driver's license while you're at it."

"What?" she cried. "You're just making stuff up."

He pulled off his shades, met her gaze, saw the outrage and disbelief in her eyes. "It says you weigh one-fifteen, but I know for a fact you're not a pound under one-twenty."

Her cheeks flushed crimson. "Oooh!"

I love how the heroes in this series are masculine hunks who feel like damaged goods but have such a sweetness to them, calling their women "honey" and "sweetheart".

Then she gave a laugh. "'Dark Angel'? More like 'Fallen Angel'."

"You're right about that, honey."

The characters often suffer from PTSD and I want to throw them into therapy. But I guess healing in each others' arms is pretty awesome too!

This part made me cry:

Then a strong arm encircled her waist and held her fast. He looked at her, a confused expression on his face. "Are you crying for me?"

And in his eyes she saw not a hardened undercover cop, but a vulnerable man who had never known his mother's love.

Tessa definitely turns on Julian:

He watched as she bustled about, her delicious ass doing things for his underwear that Calvin Klein couldn't possibly have envisioned.

Another smart and sexy installment in the I-Team series. Pamela Clare is fast becoming one of my favorite authors.