JenniferLane

The Space Between
Victoria H. Smith
Chasing Hope
Kathryn Cushman
Hawken's Heart (Tall, Dark and Dangerous) - Suzanne Brockmann Thanks to Buggy for recommending this book! This was my first foray into Suzanne Brockmann’s Tall Dark & Dangerous series, and it certainly won't be my last. (The cool thing is that "Harvard's Education", which I think is #5 in the series, also came in the ebook package I bought for my Nook). When Buggy mentioned that a hot uniformed man was imprisoned for murdering his commander, I knew this book was right up my alley!

Some things I really enjoyed:
* Nell's character. She had a softness about her but she was also very strong. I also laughed when she made fun of "Crash's" name. What the heck kind of name is that? Very appropriate for a SEAL, I guess. I thought she should've called him Will.
* Crash/Billy. He epitomized the brooding, stoic hero, and I loved when his walls finally came "crashing" down (with Nell's help).
* The line "If you'd die for me, why won't you LIVE for me?" Go Nell!
* The little surprise at the end.
* The tightness of the story. The book was on the short side, mostly because there wasn't unnecessary fluff, and I liked how I could finish it in one weekend.

I wish more of the story took place in prison but I think it was important to know the development of their romance in order to connect deeply with the characters. A great read!