JenniferLane

The Space Between
Victoria H. Smith
Chasing Hope
Kathryn Cushman
Seers of Light - Jennifer DeLucy When I read the first chapter of Seers of Light on http://omnificpublishing.com, right away I knew I wanted to read the whole book! I instantly loved the heroine of the story, Lily Hunt, for her warmth and spunk. (And she even has big feet like I do). Because she's a character I cared about deeply, her frightening first encounter with a paranormal creature in her bedroom really FREAKED me out.

But not all of the supernatural beings in this fic are creepy. Some *coughs* William / Christian *coughs* are quite the opposite--yummy and huggable! I'm a newcomer to the paranormal romance genre, and I thoroughly enjoyed the foray into the battle between sentients and vampires. The "soul merge" was so damn cool. And the sex scenes were "out of this world" hee hee.

My favorite part of the novel was the well-written dialogue, which often had me chuckling and really brought the characters to life.

Here's one example on page 75:

Lily: "And do you care to explain how this is done?"
William: "Just trust yourself. It's in you to know this stuff."
Lily: "Ugh, please, Mr. Miyagi. Spare me the wax on, wax off."
William: "Must you ALWAYS be so unpleasant?
Lily: "No, not always...just with you."

Another favorite quote, page 183:

"And I praised Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Allah, Santa Claus, and Oprah all at once as he kissed me, pressing my body into the wood, leaving me absolutely incapable of standing on my own two feet."

Ha ha and oo la la!

I also really enjoyed Jen DeLucy's reworking of the Narcissus legend. And the ending between William and Christian was quite satisfying.

Fortunately for me, the sequel, Whispers of Light, will be released by Omnific Publishing in only a few days (10/26/10). Yeah! Great job, Jen. Thank you for sharing Lily's world with us.